The HeartMath Solution for Staying Cool Under Pressure
By Rollin McCraty Ph.D., Sarah Moor, Jeff Goelitz, Stephen W. Lance MS
A simple–to–use skill set you can count on any time is invaluable for today’s teenagers who face tremendous pressures in an uncertain and complex world.
Teens are experiencing harmful, life–diminishing and draining stress at school and home, yet thousands are thriving with the widely acclaimed solutions in HeartMath’s new book, Transforming Stress for Teens. They’re enjoying life more than ever after learning powerful techniques for tapping into the uplifting and renewing emotions of hope, appreciation, joy, confidence and courage. The authors have worked with thousands of teens using these same techniques to improve personal relationships, schoolwork and athletic performance and communication.
Throughout the book teens describe in their own words how stress affected them at school and in their homes and how these techniques helped them transform it. Each chapter contains an action plan and exercises for achieving a variety of positive outcomes. Transforming Stress for Teens is research-based work that incorporates the many years of combined experience at HeartMath Institute and the Youth Learning Institute of Clemson University in South Carolina.
- Resilience – The Key to De-Stressing and Becoming the Real You
- Your Heart and Brain – The Power of Working Together
- The Emotional Landscape – Understanding How Emotions Affect Your Body
- Positive Change – The Stress-Busting Power of a Shift in Attitude
- Intuition – Listening to Your Heart
- Invisible Communication – The Unseen Effect of Emotions and Attitudes
- Coherent Communication – Taking the Stress Out
- Relationships – Building Deeper Connections
- Three Key Strategies – Building and Sustaining Your Resilience
- Heart-Focused Breathing®
- Quick Coherence®
- Attitude Breathing®
- Freeze Frame®
- Heart Lock-In®
- Coherent Communication™
- Mapping the Emotional Landscape
- Prep, Shift and Reset, Sustain